Sevilla

Sevilla

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Madalascanas and other things!

Hey everyone!
So today I moved into a place for the rest of the semester where I do not have constant access to internet. Therefore, I will not be able to be online as much. Which means that I probably won't be updating my blog much... Not that I do anyways.. Anyways, I have some things that I've done to talk about.

A couple of weeks ago, a bunch of us went to a place called Madalascanas where we thought we were going to be hiking. Turns out, it is right on a beach and we spent most of the day there. It is a place that is very protective of the natural life and the environment. Some of the beach has been developed with hotels and tourism spots, but mostly, it is a beach for locals to enjoy. On one side of the beach, you are able to walk down farther than you could ever imagine, and not pass anything but cliffs. It is so beautiful. That day, because I wasn't expecting to lie on a beach, I fried. After recovery I was very tan and I love it!

Last weekend, I went to a very popular city in Spain, Cadiz. It was a lot of fun and we got to go to this one place where we could go to the highest floor in the building and turn off the lights, and look onto a dome that reflected the entire city at that moment. It was like a mirror for the city. We saw people on the tops of their homes putting out laundry, and birds flying by, and cars driving. It really was cool. Then we spent a good three hours on the beach, but there wasn't much sun.

Yesterday, I went to Madalascanas again to go horseback riding. I had heard from one of the girls in my program here that there were trails that people could ride horses on for two hours! It was so breathtaking to see the ocean on one side of the highest point in the area, and then on the other side, we saw the entire nature park. I can't even explain how goregeous the place is. They have preserved this place very well and are very protective with the nature and wildlife that live there. Then we spent more time at the beach and just relaxed :)

I have 6 weeks left in Sevilla now, and out of those 6 weeks I have two last trips planned. I have the Camino of Santiago (a pilgrammage) planned for the 14th-19th of April and then the first week in May, I am going to the Balaeric Islands! Hopefully I will be able to keep updating, I'm just not sure how often.
This first picture is me in Cadiz... the second is a picture of the beach in Madalascanas, and the third is me and Romero my horse :)



Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment