Sevilla

Sevilla

Friday, February 11, 2011

Take 2

So I wrote out an entire new update and it got deleted. :( So I will write it again.
I know I haven't updated in awhile and I apologize for that. I will make sure to keep it updated at a more respectable time from now on.
To start off, I will talk about where I have been traveling. Two weekends ago, Erica, Chenoa and I all went to Cordoba which is a city about an hour and a half away via bus. We spent the day wandering the streets and just enjoying the time there. We also visited the cathedral, La Mezquita is the name. It was so wonderful to just take time and enjoy a different city. Last weekend, we did the same, just in Sevilla. I absolutely adore this city and everything it has to offer. Today we took a trip for our Mundolengua program to Italica (Little Italy in Spain). For those who are history buffs, it is all in ruins because of how long it has been here and the streets and buildings (what is left of them anyways) are so old and we were there for about 2 hours. Tomorrow, Chenoa, Erica, and I are hoping on a train at 7am to go to Granada. It is a gorgeous city in Spain and we will return at about 11pm tomorrow. A long day is ahead of us. Next weekend, we are going to Morocco from Friday to Sunday. I am so very excited about this trip. The weekend after that, I will be staying in Sevilla, and Matt will finally be able to visit for a whole week! :) And finally, the weekend after that, we are going to Paris from the 11-13th of March.
As for classes, I changed up my schedule a bit and I now am taking 4 classes all back to back from 9 am to 3 pm every Monday and Wednesday. Hello 4 day weekend :). But don't worry, I have homework to keep me busy on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Our midterms are going to be in 3 weeks. Also, the native Spanish students have been off from school for two weeks because when we got here they were just finishing with exams. They will start back on Monday and we will have more opportunities to meet some new friends.
As for everything else... I have developed my run route which starts out heading towards the river, then running along the river for awhile. I absolutely love it. As well, the food is getting better. We eat so much bread that I feel like I might turn into a loaf, but when you walk about a gazillion miles everyday it isn't bad to eat. I do miss Panera at home!!! Also, we eat a lot of soup. Most of it isn't so bad, but I will never eat another chickpea in my life once I return to the US. I despise them. We have had pizza a couple of nights, and although it is different, it is still good. For those of you who know how picky of an eater I am you would be proud to see how many different things I have tried. I really just learn to eat what is in front of me if I don't want to go hungry :)
When I talk about walking everywhere, I do mean everywhere. We have been to see the bullring (we plan on getting tickets in April), the soccer stadium (Matt and I plan on attending a match when he gets here), and we searched for a school for about 2 hours yesterday that we never found. We asked so many people and no one had even heard of it. We had to get our "host brother" to get a bigger map and show us the direction. My feet hurt so badly after that adventure. I really love our host mom and her son (32 yrs) is really very kind. Although it does seem that every morning we hear her yelling at him to get up to go to work. Yes, it is common for people in their 30s to still live at home here. Don't worry mom, I'll be out way before then! It is all so very lovely and the next 13 weeks that I have here will be wonderful! For some reason I have tried uploading my photos on here, but it will not let me. If you are someone who cannot see my Facebook, if you have one just friend request me and I will add you.  If you do not have a Facebook and would like pictures by email, just send me a message to let me know! In the mean time, I will try and figure out what the problem is. Ok I think that is all for now! I hope you enjoyed reading! I promise I'll post again within a week!

2 comments:

  1. Fellow blogspot blogger to the rescue. It only lets you choose one photo at a time. So when you hit the photo button when adding a post you can browse and you choose. Then once you click that photo let it start uploading then you can go choose another one while that is uploading. I know I had a similar problem when I initially created my account but not since... After you have the photos in that little pop up screen they will all have a blue outline around them and you can either unclick what you don't want or upload them all at once in a row.
    ~Anne
    http://waldenconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- You can also create a slideshow on the side... email me if you have questions.

    ReplyDelete