Sevilla

Sevilla

Thursday, January 27, 2011

My first day of classes

Hello again everyone! I have just finished with my first two days of classes today! I have thoroughly enjoyed everything about them including my professors! I am taking two literature classes and two business classes (one of which is in English). We will see after a couple of weeks how I really like them :) They are only Monday through Thursday which means I have no class tomorrow! Hello weekend!
So I've made several observations while I've been in Spain. The music here other than flamenco is what has already been popular in the US. As of right now, I am in my apartment listening to Bad Romance by Lady Gaga... outside my window! Her songs are everywhere! In most of the stores, I always recognize the music. Justin Bieber is very popular as well. I have also noticed that people who drive her are insane! It is also common knowledge that people need to watch out for cars and not the other way around. Just this morning a man walked straight through the middle of an intersection trying to dodge cars. Also, the people on bikes will run you over too if you are walking in the bike paths... Haha.
I ride the metro everyday to and from school and it is really interesting to listen to everyone talk. So many people think that foreign countries like Spain are so different from the US, but it really is not.
One of the things I absolutely love here, other than the siestas :), is the fact that everyone goes outside to shop and go to cafes and restaurants so you get to see everyone in the streets! It is such a wonderful experience to see so many people around enjoying one others company. I don't have plans for the weekend yet, it looks like its going to be a wet one so we will play it by ear. Hope everyone in the states is having a good time with the snow!!! Let me know if you want me to answer any of your questions!
-Heather

1 comment: